Monday, November 24, 2008

Grandma and Grandpa Lane before they were married. (my moms parents) These are the pictures they sent each other before they actually met in person. (My grandparents are from England) My grandfather was away in the WW2 at the this time. They were introduced through a friend via pen pal. They were both in their 20's. I would say these pictures were taken around 1940.


My beautiful mom in 1965.. She was born in England and moved to Canada when she was 4 where they spent a few years before moving to America.

My handsome dad in 1963.. He was born and raised in Minnesota until the age of 18 when he joined the US Navy. If you notice at the bottom of the picture, my dad signed "lots of love"... This was the photo he gave my mom while they were dating... They met while he was in the Navy. My dad is quite the poet.. He has written many poems of love for my mom.. What a romantic he is!





No comments:

Post a Comment